How to Use CleanCSV
CleanCSV is a CSV-file cleansing and deduping tool embedded in Oracle CRM On Demand. CleanCSV is used to de-dupe Accounts, Contacts, and Leads to achieve high data quality in your CSV files of records.
CleanCSV can be launched from your Oracle CRM On Demand Admin homepage or My Setup page.
To use CleanCSV, first select the type of records you wish to de-dupe (Accounts, Contacts, or Leads).
Then, click Settings to open a menu and define your matching settings.
Here, you can decide upon your desired settings:
- Select the CSV to dedupe by clicking the Browse for CSV button. Choose a CSV file of records and click Open to upload the list to CleanCSV. After the file is uploaded, map your CSV fields to associated field types. This step defines the internal logic that CleanCSV will use in analyzing your data. To skip mapping a field but include it for deduping, select No Field Type. To remove a field from matching and from the output CSV file, select Do Not Include.
- Choose a Merge Rule for the Master record in a duplicate set. The Merge Rule defines how a Master record is determined.
- Choose match settings to identify duplicates. Each data field can be custom defined to match your records using exact, fuzzy, or starts with matching on any combination of data fields. Clicking Advanced will allow you to choose settings for blank data and words to ignore.
- Choose the fields to display onscreen. You can rearrange any fields with data from your CSV file.
- Concatenate fields to keep values from fields across each record in your duplicate set. To concatenate the data for a field, check off the desired field and select a separator.
Once your settings have been chosen, click Find Duplicates and CleanCSV will identify duplicates within your file.
Your matching results are organized into three categories:
- Duplicates Requiring Review – Duplicate records with conflicting data in the displayed fields.
- Duplicates Not Requiring Review – Duplicate records without conflicting data in the displayed fields.
- Unique CSV Records – Unmatched or non-duplicate records.
Click the arrow to expand the grids. Duplicate sets are grouped and numbered in the grids. The Final record represents the resulting record from merging the duplicate set.
You can easily review your duplicate sets before merging:
- Remove a record from a duplicate set by using the Remove link.
- Change the master record of the duplicate set by reselecting the Master check box. The master record primarily determines the final record field data.
- Fine-tune final record data by selecting check boxes in highlighted fields representing conflicting data in a duplicate set. You can also manually edit the final record by clicking in the final record data fields and typing your changes.
When you are satisfied with duplicate identification and have reviewed your data, you can export your cleaned data to a new CSV file. Click the Get CSV button at the top of the CleanCSV window. Choose your file name and type, then click Save to export the CSV file of all final record data.
You can also export final records or duplicate sets for each category of grids. Exporting the duplicate sets may be helpful if you require external review of the duplicate sets before cleansing. Click the Export button in the category grid title bar to choose a file name and type. You can choose whether to export the full grid of duplicate sets, or only the final records. Click Save to generate the file.