How to Use CleanCRM
CleanCRM is a batch data de-duping tool embedded in Oracle Sales Cloud (Fusion). CleanCRM is used to de-dupe Accounts and Contacts to achieve high data quality in your CRM system.
CleanCRM can be launched from your Oracle Sales Cloud (Fusion) homepage under ActivePrime Data Quality. Click on Identify and Merge Duplicates to launch CleanCRM.
To use CleanCRM, first use the menu in the upper left corner to select the type of records you wish to de-dupe (Accounts or Contacts). It is best to cleanse Accounts first, followed by Contacts.
Then, click Settings to open a menu and define your search and matching settings.
Here, you can decide upon your desired settings:
- Select the records to dedupe by choosing a list. You can select one of the default lists on screen, or you can click the + button to create a new list using custom filters. The filter logic uses starts with matching to sort your records, and you must Save the report in order to use it in CleanCRM. If you are new to CleanCRM, it is best to start with small data sets and work up to larger data sets as you master the cleansing functionalities.
- Choose a Merge Rule for the Master record in a duplicate set. The Merge Rule defines how a Master record is determined.
- Choose match settings to identify duplicates. Each data field can be custom defined to match your records using exact, fuzzy, or starts with matching on any combination of data fields. Clicking Advanced will allow you to choose settings for blank data and words to ignore. You can select fields from the list of Basic fields, or expand the list of All fields for all remaining fields in Oracle Sales Cloud (Fusion) including custom fields.
- Finally, choose the fields to display onscreen. You can add, remove, and rearrange any fields that exist in Oracle Sales Cloud (Fusion) including custom fields.
Once your settings have been chosen, click Find Duplicates and CleanCRM will identify your duplicates within the designated group of data.
Your matching results are organized into three categories:
- Duplicates Requiring Review – Duplicate records with conflicting data in the displayed fields.
- Duplicates Not Requiring Review – Duplicate records without conflicting data in the displayed fields.
- Unique Records – Unmatched or non-duplicate records.
Click the arrow to expand the grids. Duplicate sets are grouped and numbered in the grids. The Final record represents the resulting record from merging the duplicate set.
You can easily review your duplicate sets before merging:
- Remove a record from a duplicate set by using the Remove link.
- Change the master record of the duplicate set by reselecting the Master check box. The master record is the surviving record that will be retained and updated after merging the duplicate set.
- Choose final record data by selecting check boxes in highlighted fields representing conflicting data in a duplicate set. You can also manually edit the final record by clicking in the final record data fields and typing your changes.
When you are satisfied with duplicate identification, you can Merge duplicate sets in two ways:
- Page-by-page by clicking Merge Current Page in the category grid title bar.
- All Records by clicking Merge All in the category grid title bar.
During the merge process, all associated entities from the duplicate records will be moved to the surviving master record. The other duplicate records will then be deleted, just as when manually merging records in Oracle Sales Cloud (Fusion).